Sunday, October 21, 2007

Maybe I need a couple of booze-free days

The pre-election grind has probably forced more Johnnie Walker into my system than I'd care for. So, I believe it's for the best that I be a teetotaler for the next week or two. The wallet will probably appreciate it as well.

And, so, as Ashley Morris says: "It's peanut butter jelly time."

Neither of my boys won their races, which basically makes 2007's electoral season as depressing as 2003's, 2004's, and, to a lesser extent, 2006's.

In retrospect, Dave scored 25% in his district 67, Jay nailed 20% in his 68, yet Jay scored 1000 more votes total. Consider that these two districts are supposed to have roughly equal population.

The tremendous mound of evidence suggesting that the working poor don't vote is pretty well dead-on, no?

No comments: